PhotoForum.ru - free photo gallery for digital and film photographers

You must enable cookie in your browser.

You must enable JavaScript in your browser.

Strange Noting

Robert-Alexandre Gravet Robert-Alexandre Gravet Fri 10 Oct 2008 15:57

#1 Strange Noting closed

Great Hello for everybody here on photoforum.

I have notice that quite 99,99% of the Photographers who rate the picture here, are fair, honnest and true.
But it remains some "desperados" who are giving some strange note : for example on one of my picture, the general notes were between 10 and 9, ok that makes me feel good..., and some guy or woman, gives a 3/3/3 : "no more than exercise", Ok I can admit it (despite a the bad feeling for me...) BUT in that case it would be fair if this was done with a true comment, of some exponation, but this heroe gives this bad note without any comment, including a courageous anonymous comment... It gives me a real bad feeling, like a prowling presence, a wild devil, or a serial killer hounting Photoforum, who will be the next victim...

From France with Love.

Roberrt-Alexandre

Admin Admin reply on #1 from Robert-Alexandre Gravet Fri 10 Oct 2008 16:58

#2 Re: Strange Noting closed

described here: http://www.photoforum.ru/faq.en.html#wrong_rating

Robert-Alexandre Gravet Robert-Alexandre Gravet reply on #2 from Admin Fri 10 Oct 2008 19:56

#3 Re: Strange Noting closed

Hello Nick,
That's exactly what I have said, there is a serial killer here evil grin ,

I have read this new notation system, but I have to admit that is a little difficult to understand the reason.

But the Law is the Law,

"Dura Lex sed Lex" ... rolling on the floor laughing

Thank you for your answer.

Spaciba bolchoi

Robert-Alexandre

Admin Admin reply on #3 from Robert-Alexandre Gravet Fri 10 Oct 2008 21:29

#4 Re: Strange Noting closed

I have read this new notation system, but I have to admit that is a little difficult to understand the reason.

It is not new point, it exist about 2 years. The reason is simple: in fact the most prefer to ignore non-interesting photos instead of rate it and we can have situation when photo with two ratings 9/9/9 can have more rating value than other photo with 10 ratings 7/7/7.

I agree this rule looks strange, but nobody can see this if all people rate and comment photos of other users more active and if any photo would receive at least 7 ratings.

updated: 11:06