PhotoForum.ru - free photo gallery for digital and film photographers

You must enable cookie in your browser.

You must enable JavaScript in your browser.

I need help sizing photos.

J E J E Tue 28 Jan 2003 18:58

#1 I need help sizing photos. closed

In that this site has a limit, rightfully so, on photo size (120kb), I am unable to size the photo and maintain any kind of size. Once I resize the photos, they end up Thumbnail Size. I notice that most other photos on this site are very large and clear. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mario Saquel Mario Saquel reply on #1 from J E Wed 29 Jan 2003 02:53

#2 Re: I need help sizing photos. closed

There is not matter of reduce the file but reduce the quality and deep (number) of colors. What software do you use ?. In Adobe PS, by example you must to take the option ALT+CAP+CTRL+S. In other software search for the option Web Save or similar.

Robin Stirling Robin Stirling reply on #1 from J E Sat 1 Feb 2003 14:07

#3 Re: I need help sizing photos. closed

I have the same problem,reducing piture size to 120kb destroys the picture as does cmpressing in Jpeg format. I dont have PSP onlr MS PictureIt. and help please .

Robin Stirling Robin Stirling reply on #1 from J E Sun 2 Feb 2003 08:11

#4 Re: I need help sizing photos. closed

After carefull considerations I have come to the conclusion that Photo Upload size has to be increased,we go to a lot of trouble creating our work only to see it down-graded when in the Gallery,some thought should go into other means of preserving server space such as deleting photos sooner,I would re-comend a size of at least 150kb,comments please.

Admin Admin reply on #4 from Robin Stirling mon 3 Feb 2003 08:18

#5 Re: I need help sizing photos. closed

Robin Stirling wrote:
>
> After carefull considerations I have come to the conclusion
> that Photo Upload size has to be increased,we go to a lot of
> trouble creating our work only to see it down-graded when in
> the Gallery,some thought should go into other means of
> preserving server space such as deleting photos sooner,I
> would re-comend a size of at least 150kb,comments please.

120 KB is enough for the most situations. As I have write in my e-mail to you it should not create very large images, 700-800 pixels by long side is enough. The limit 1024 pixel is for panoramic photos etc. I want suggest you to learn more seriously various graphic software.

updated: 03:02