PhotoForum.ru - free photo gallery for digital and film photographers

You must enable cookie in your browser.

You must enable JavaScript in your browser.

Ratings

Chris Morley Chris Morley Wed 15 Dec 2004 13:22

#1 Ratings closed

Firstly I would like to say that my view is that Photoforum is an excellent area for both proffesssional and amateur photographers to "air" their work and that the concept was well thought out.

There is one thing that I do not fully understand about the rating system, why do people not have the "balls" to attach their name to the comments they make. The way I see it is that you can learn from constructive criticism and in the long term it is healthy. I am sure that I can not be the only one with this view. You may have a photograph in your portfolio that has achieved a series of high ratings and then you recieve one that could not be any lower. This is ok if the critic explains his reasoning but they dont. The thing that has prompted me to enter this comment is that I do not see how an image of a model with her legs open and vaginal extremeties in plain view can be view as " one for the family album ". If you dont like the image say so, justify your view and be open to discussion then we can all learn togethor as the community that I am sure Photoforum is intended to be.

Chris Morley

moongypsy moongypsy reply on #1 from Chris Morley Sun 23 Jan 2005 02:40

#2 Re: Ratings closed

Chris, aren't the names included with the comments? I thought the names were together with the ratings furthewr down the page.

Robert Koszegi Robert Koszegi reply on #2 from moongypsy mon 24 Jan 2005 11:05

#3 Re: Ratings closed

Nono, moongypsy, that's not 'rating', that's giving pluses to someone (between -3 and +3). You can't rate, while you're 'participant', you have to be a member to do that. (well, as the mather of fact, I can't rate either, 'couse I don't know how to do that smile )

updated: 04:22