PhotoForum.ru - free photo gallery for digital and film photographers

You must enable cookie in your browser.

You must enable JavaScript in your browser.

orginized tour to Russia

Sat 19 Feb 2005 16:03

#1 orginized tour to Russia closed

What about an orginized tour to beautiful Russia,for interested members,
meeting most nice friends we met in Photoforum,
or even getting us informed about possible reunions open to potential participants.

The idea applies mostly to the Administration,
but I think it's also a challenge for potential participants to enter their plans...

As for myself,if asked,I would be happy orginizing a guided tour for Greece
(picking out the greatest choices) with the help of some Travel agency

best regards
Petros

Admin Admin reply on #1 from mon 21 Feb 2005 07:40

#2 Re: orginized tour to Russia closed

petros wrote:

> What about an orginized tour to beautiful Russia,for interested
> members,
> meeting most nice friends we met in Photoforum,
> or even getting us informed about possible reunions open to
> potential participants.
>
> The idea applies mostly to the Administration,
> but I think it's also a challenge for potential participants to
> enter their plans...

Great idea, but Administration consists of 1 man (me) and I live far from big cities and popular tourist places and have not time for ogranizing the tour. Probably somebody wants to support this idea (in Russia)?

Regards,
Nick.

reply on #2 from Admin Tue 22 Feb 2005 02:24

#3 Re: orginized tour to Russia closed

Thanks for kind reply!
I understand your soft spot Nick

What about orginized photo sessions,
meetings,shows,expositions in Moscow or SPB
where it could be possible discussing about potential possibilities

regards
Petros

John Malloch Caldwell John Malloch Caldwell reply on #1 from mon 7 Mar 2005 16:37

#4 Re: orginized tour to Russia closed

Hi, I am at present arranging a trip for photographers to Prague. I may be able to do the same for Moscow if there was enough interest. I would need a response of at least 10 photographers from the UK and Europe to make the trip worthwhile.
Regards
John Malloch-Caldwell

Bjorn Johan Kirksather Bjorn Johan Kirksather reply on #1 from Fri 18 Mar 2005 20:36

#5 Re: orginized tour to Russia closed

If it possible for me I will love to come with you in this tour. Russia have so much to give and to see our friends in PhotoForum is the best how can happen.

Best wishes from Bjørn Johan Kirksæther in Norway

Karen Corcoran Karen Corcoran reply on #1 from Wed 23 Mar 2005 20:16

#6 Re: orginized tour to Russia closed

This sounds wonderful..:) Is possible to join the tour if your from the states?

Karen
US

John Malloch Caldwell John Malloch Caldwell reply on #6 from Karen Corcoran Tue 29 Mar 2005 00:29

#7 Re: orginized tour to Russia closed

I envisage the tour to Moscow taking place sometime next year. You will understand I am sure the amount of organisation this will take. As you are from the USA it would be impossible for me to arrange a visa for you. You would have to apply for that and book your flights yourself. I will keep you posted on developments as they arise.
Regards
John Malloch-Caldwell

Sarah Lombart Sarah Lombart reply on #1 from Fri 8 Apr 2005 22:24

#8 Re: orginized tour to Russia closed

What a nice idea!!!!
Coming from Belgium,I think it will be ok for me to go to Russia.You say next year? Well...one thing important:as a teacher,I can't take holidays outside of the dates of official and state holidays...during july and august...that's great!

See you soon!

:-)
Sarah.

Karen Corcoran Karen Corcoran reply on #1 from mon 18 Apr 2005 18:05

#9 Re: orginized tour to Russia closed

Thanks John I'll watch for your posts...
Thanks
Karen

moe shaibani moe shaibani reply on #1 from Sun 19 Jun 2005 22:35

#10 Re: orginized tour to Russia closed

oh id love a trip to russia, its been a place ive always wanted to visit and a place wher e i think there are lots of photo opportunites. My final desicion woudl be swayed by the price however, as im a poor littl estudent i would not be able to afford an expensive trip like that.... but woudl sur ebe worth it.

John Malloch Caldwell John Malloch Caldwell reply on #10 from moe shaibani Fri 24 Jun 2005 00:41

#11 Re: orginized tour to Russia closed

So far the response has been poor so I don't think it will be a viable proposition. However, if there is any more interest shown at a later date things may change. If anyone on the forum has any ideas for a trip let me know. In the past I have been on trips to Asia, mainly Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong and Japan. The latter is expensive.

updated: 12:21