PhotoForum.ru - free photo gallery for digital and film photographers

You must enable cookie in your browser.

You must enable JavaScript in your browser.

The new version is tested (attempt #2)

Admin Admin Tue 25 Oct 2005 10:08

#1 The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Here the version 3: http://www.photo-forum.ru/.
All data before October, 22 moved there. You may delete, add photo and do what you want, it is the test version.

What is new:
--- the discussion section - simplified pluses, old pluses converted in the new scale, I would leave the old 3-criterion scale if somebody (more then 0.1%) gives pluses other than +3/+3/+3.

--- in the photorating section pluses are prohibited

--- uploading limits has been changed

--- statuses has been changed:
a) candidate: after registration, may upload and comment in family album only, after posting of 3 photos may send an application (in "my account")
b) participants renamed to members - the same as now, just may post comments only in photorating
c) members from version 2 renamed to rating photographers
In the current version some people use "member" status for uploading 1 additional photo and do not participate in photorating, now it is not needed - every section has the own limits and rating photographer may not upload in discussion section more than member. So, the members from version 2, who did not upload photos in photorating section
did not becomes "rating photographers" in version 3 (you do not need it). If you reaaly want - e-mail me.

--- small changes in statistics (in rating calculation)

--- pluses showing not as sum, but as count of votes: 0/0/1/2/4

--- you may delete any you comment or comment for you

--- some changes in user's profile

--- the members in version 3 (who were participants in ver 2) sorted (default) by average sum of pluses for every photo (if you upload more than 10 photos), so new members should not upload 2 years to get in tops

--- you may remove comments (yours or for your photos)

--- during upoaded photos you can find a queue (one after another, by turn), it means that you may upload several photos at once and it will be published at appropriate time(concerning limits)

--- changes in the awards of photos: defined 1 time per day, "day" range from 00:00:00 to 23:59:59 MSK (GMT+3), week: from Monday to Sunday, month: from 1-st to last day, the old awards recalculated, you can see some changes (I guess big in some cases)

--- e-mail subscription are reduced, there are no subscription of new photos in the categories (too much e-mail go to nowhere), ypou should usr RSS (more convinient: see myYahoo, myAOL, Google Desktop, Opera 8, FireFox and RSS readers), who want to continue use e-mail must resubscribe in your account section (it is not necessary to do it in the test version - all data will be replaced in some days).

--- in the test version some features does turned on (search, stata updating etc) - it will works after testing

Comments are welcome (but not say "it's unusual" etc.), write the specific remarks.

Sarah Lombart Sarah Lombart reply on #1 from Admin Tue 25 Oct 2005 11:22

#2 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Oh,no,please...I tried once more to use the new version,before say "I don't love it"...and I don't feel good with it.I lost all my reperes...and don't find easy what I'm looking for.
I feel it so "cold",you see what I mean?Like the internet web site of my school...that I use only when it is an obligation because of this cold and sad atmosphere,because of all that files,documents,lists,numbers,...I'm lost!!!!!

Sorry,Nick,you ask,I answer smile
And I'm grateful that you try to do the best with your website,that I love,in this version...
Have a good day!

Best regards,
Sarah.

Admin Admin reply on #2 from Sarah Lombart Tue 25 Oct 2005 12:13

#3 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Sarah Lombart wrote:

> Oh,no,please...I tried once more to use the new version,before
> say "I don't love it"...and I don't feel good with it.

I asked to try the NEW, but not version presented 3 months ago.

I lost
> all my reperes...

Could not find "reperes" in dictionary.

> and don't find easy what I'm looking for.

May I know what are you looking for?

> I feel it so "cold",you see what I mean?

No.

> Like the internet web
> site of my school...that I use only when it is an obligation
> because of this cold and sad atmosphere

Just change palette to "margaret". I guess you like to see some rounded corners? Is it really needed?

> ,because of all that
> files,documents,lists,numbers,...I'm lost!!!!!

Could not find "files,documents,lists,numbers" in the new version.

> Sorry,Nick,you ask,I answer smile

No problem.

> And I'm grateful that you try to do the best with your
> website,that I love,in this version...

I have tried to find something special in the old version what does not exists in the new version - could not find. Rounded corners? Oh, very big lost! I can make skin with rounded corners but is it what we really need? I think not.

Do you not like menu items on the top? Just do not see on it.

Simplicity does not means "bad". I think people go here to see photos, not frames, rounded corners, arrows etc. I think appearance should not distract from main objects; photos. Probably I have mistaken.

miguel miguel reply on #1 from Admin Tue 25 Oct 2005 13:08

#4 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

HI Nick. The new version has only one single advantage under the actual version: the design.
THe rest of the version I think it won't work. It is almost a re edition of the new version you have tryed few months ago remember? This new version you are testing is much more dificult for those who navigate in Photoforum and the easy navigation it's one of the reasons of such popularity of this site. We got used to this so I think you wanna change so many things that it will be impossible to keep the people happy around here. As far as I concern I won't be here such time with this new model of site. It is almost the same model that was rejected few months ago and it will be rejected again by the majority of the members and participants. I can feel it.
Please don't go ahead with this. For example: I can't see all the photos of the day I have win so far. Why is that?
I can't see by table view the totality of my pluses as I see in the actual format.
And so on.
Why don't you change the desing but keep the filosophy of this site?
I now sites such as Photoblink, Photosig, Usefilm and many many others. Some changes have been made but they always keep the main funcionalitys.
I didn't like the version that are being tested. Just think most of people is far from what is happening, just like it happened few months ago. They just don't know that a new version is being teste expect for some cases of course.
Don't go ahed Nick. Best regards.

Sarah Lombart Sarah Lombart reply on #4 from miguel Tue 25 Oct 2005 13:29

#5 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

I have tested the version you propose right now,I'm not stupid...And I don't like it. I saw the possibilities,full of possibilities. And I don't need them. And in my dictionnary "french-english" I find this word: disappointment.
But...maybe I'm the only one to want to keep this site like this.
And if it's not possible,so worse...

miguel miguel reply on #5 from Sarah Lombart Tue 25 Oct 2005 14:40

#9 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Hi Sarah. Did you read my opinion? cos if you did you didn't say you were alone on this, thought!

Sarah Lombart Sarah Lombart reply on #9 from miguel Tue 25 Oct 2005 16:27

#17 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

I've just read it,Miguel... smile ok,I'm not alone!!!!! laugh

Admin Admin reply on #4 from miguel Tue 25 Oct 2005 14:09

#7 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

miguel wrote:

> Please don't go ahead with this. For example: I can't see all
> the photos of the day I have win so far. Why is that?

Hm, how can you see it in the current version?

> I can't see by table view the totality of my pluses as I see in
> the actual format.

You can see count of pluses by scale on your personal page:
http://www.photo-forum.ru/user/9291/index.en.html (see statistics of the photographer or click on [+] menu near user's thumbnail):
pluses: 3/0/14/111/16129
That means: 3 minuses (-1), 14 pluses +1, 111 pluses +2 and 16129 pluses +3.
Sum of pluses does not used for default sorting for photographers, used average sum of pluses for all his photos.
Is it really comfortable in the current version to see sum of pluses = 145260 and thinks: "Well, I need to devide it on 9 and I will know how much photos I have voted".

> And so on.

I'd like to know more.

> Why don't you change the desing but keep the filosophy of this
> site?

I can see changes of philisophy, just rating photographers (for photorating) are separated from members (for discussion) and any users may upload in family album.
Are you really think that separate sort order for rating photographers and members means "philisofy"? I guess not.

> I now sites such as Photoblink, Photosig, Usefilm and many many
> others. Some changes have been made but they always keep the
> main funcionalitys.

The changes between version 2 and 3 are minimal (concerning internal code mainly), and I could not see some real difference of version 2 (and 3) from sites like Photoblink, Photosig, Usefilm - they are the same with mine, with some small changes.

Bernd Ratfisch Bernd Ratfisch reply on #1 from Admin Tue 25 Oct 2005 14:01

#6 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Hi Nick,

It's always hard to improve a well working system...

--- the discussion section - simplified pluses, old pluses converted in the new scale, I would leave the old 3-criterion scale if somebody (more then 0.1%) gives pluses other than +3/+3/+3.
>>> I very often use the not yet existing scale 0/0/0 by ignoring. That's indeed much better for the score of the photo, as having given -3/-3/-3. Maybe plusses should not go negative for more fairness...

--- pluses showing not as sum, but as count of votes: 0/0/1/2/4
>>> ??? ... why change a working system?

--- you may delete any you comment or comment for you
>>> !!! ... Great. I had the wish to delete plusses, I gave some days ago? May I do it in a new version, too?

--- the members in version 3 (who were participants in ver 2) sorted (default) by average sum of pluses for every photo (if you upload more than 10 photos), so new members should not upload 2 years to get in tops
>>> I think, everybody will want to use his own settings to look at "position among photographers" (I never used the "rating"-filter...). An average system will get new photos or the photographer to the top after the first vote of 3/3/3 (todays plusses), because the average is the best possible than. A system like this would give more chances to newbies, as you want. But it’s instability on the other hand. Why not make it once more difficult... I would suggest to compute a sum of 50% new system, 50% old system for more stability and more chances in photographer's filters..
For the "position among photos" of a single photograph, an average system is a good option.

I do like some of the new design features. But I will have to test it one more time...

Regards!
Bernd

Admin Admin reply on #6 from Bernd Ratfisch Tue 25 Oct 2005 14:21

#8 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Bernd Ratfisch wrote:

> It's always hard to improve a well working system...

To my mind it does not works well.

> >>> I very often use the not yet existing scale 0/0/0 by
> ignoring.

You may use now "not bad" - that have zero plus.

That's indeed much better for the score of the photo,
> as having given -3/-3/-3. Maybe plusses should not go negative
> for more fairness...

I minimal minuses changed from -3 to -1, the scale now: -1/0/+1/+2/+3.

> --- pluses showing not as sum, but as count of votes: 0/0/1/2/4
> >>> ??? ... why change a working system?

You can see at once all pluses.

> --- you may delete any you comment or comment for you
> >>> !!! ... Great. I had the wish to delete plusses, I gave
> some days ago? May I do it in a new version, too?

No, pluses already have only one minus and "-1" is not an insulting word.

> --- the members in version 3 (who were participants in ver 2)
> sorted (default) by average sum of pluses for every photo (if
> you upload more than 10 photos), so new members should not
> upload 2 years to get in tops

> >>> I think, everybody will want to use his own settings to
> look at "position among photographers" (I never used the
> "rating"-filter...).

It requires too much resources of the server.

An average system will get new photos or
> the photographer to the top after the first vote of 3/3/3
> (todays plusses), because the average is the best possible
> than.

No, he need to upload at least 10 photos.

A system like this would give more chances to newbies, as
> you want. But it’s instability on the other hand. Why not make
> it once more difficult... I would suggest to compute a sum of
> 50% new system, 50% old system for more stability and more
> chances in photographer's filters..

"The rules can be changed at any time" (quote from the rules). If it becomes not stable - I will change it.

> I do like some of the new design features. But I will have to
> test it one more time...

Tnanks.

Bernd Ratfisch Bernd Ratfisch reply on #8 from Admin Tue 25 Oct 2005 15:39

#13 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Hi Nick,

-- I minimal minuses changed from -3 to -1, the scale now: -1/0/+1/+2/+3.

If you do change the system of plusses, why not change this little disadvantage.
An ignored photo, which has received no votes at all, maybe has no views at all, will have zero plusses. It will be listed on a higher position in the "position among photos", than a photo with minus plusses, -3/-3/-3 for example (today's scale).
Today the scale will be listed like this:
. excellent photos
. good photos
. ignored photos
. bad photos

I think, a rated photo should not be below an ignored photo, even if it's really bad. The ignored photos should be at the end. That's why I think, plusses should not go negative values to be fair overall.
A photographer, which has not yet uploaded any photo, is listed higher in "position among photographers", than a photographer, who has a few photos, but with "bad" or "average" votes. Is this fair? It can easily be changed, when the voting system has no minuses.
If a "bad" vote is better than no vote, may be you can also stop those revenge voters, who give you minus plusses, just because you have voted one of their pictures below "excellent"... If they can't give you minus, it' not funny anymore...

Regards!
Bernd

Admin Admin reply on #13 from Bernd Ratfisch Tue 25 Oct 2005 17:57

#18 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Bernd Ratfisch wrote:

> I think, a rated photo should not be below an ignored photo,
> even if it's really bad.

Do not agree.

> A photographer, which has not yet uploaded any photo, is listed
> higher in "position among photographers", than a photographer,
> who has a few photos, but with "bad" or "average" votes. Is
> this fair?

Yes, why "bad" should be better than "nothing"?

> It can easily be changed, when the voting system has
> no minuses.

It's simple, even more, I have tried system with one vote: "I like it" and "Ignore", but it was not lucky.

Vale de Sousa Vale de Sousa reply on #18 from Admin Tue 25 Oct 2005 18:32

#23 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

NOT AGAIN!

Like Phil said "If it ain't broke .... don't fix it" !!!"

Please don't Nick.

Photoforum is the best, don't destroy it, please.

I'm with Miguel:
"The new version has only one single advantage under the actual version: the design."

Think again, Nick

cheers

Vale

Bernd Ratfisch Bernd Ratfisch reply on #8 from Admin Sat 12 Nov 2005 17:07

#79 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Nick Obukhov /Admin/:
"An average system will get new photos or the photographer to the top after the first vote of 3/3/3 (todays plusses), because the average is the best possible than."

No, he need to upload at least 10 photos.

Nick, your integral algorithm is very good!
Have a nice weekend!

miguel miguel reply on #1 from Admin Tue 25 Oct 2005 14:45

#10 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Nick listen to sarah, listen to me and of course, listen to those who deffend the new version. Then take your conclusions, it it your site, not mine. Kinda regards.

PS- I don't like the new version at all. There I said!

miguel miguel reply on #1 from Admin Tue 25 Oct 2005 15:00

#11 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Nick wrotte:

"Hm, how can you see it in the current version?"

Simple. I go to photographers and the first think to appears is the sum of pluses. But why do we lost the most of the photos of the day we have win so far? why is that? And what is the reason for this change when we can feel that the majority of the members really apreciate this model??? You should change just when things are goind wrong. If IT IS THE case....then you must change it. But I didn't know things were going wrong here!

Admin Admin reply on #11 from miguel Tue 25 Oct 2005 15:27

#12 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

miguel wrote:

> Nick wrotte:
>
> "Hm, how can you see it in the current version?"
>
> Simple. I go to photographers and the first think to appears is
> the sum of pluses.

Just go to your gallery and sort by awards:
http://www.photo-forum.ru/user/9291/photos/award/desc/0/1/1.en.html

But why do we lost the most of the photos of
> the day we have win so far? why is that?

:) I do not think that 12 photos of the day (every 3 hours) is really POTD - it is "from 1 to 12 POTD".

> And what is the reason
> for this change when we can feel that the majority of the
> members really apreciate this model??? You should change just
> when things are goind wrong. If IT IS THE case....then you must
> change it. But I didn't know things were going wrong here!

Why do you buy a new TV-set or new computer or a new camera? Is the recent works not well? Could you shoot photos with 100-years old camera? Yes! But why do you buy new one?

Life is changes and technology are changes, and site need to change.

miguel miguel reply on #1 from Admin Tue 25 Oct 2005 15:46

#14 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Another critique Nick: The table of pluses isn't so good as the actual. We have no space for apropriate evaluation of the photos. A Photo can be technically good but also can have a bad composition. So I think we canґt treat impact, technique and composition as if they were the same thing cause they are not and you don't provide any tool in the table of pluses. That's the most important imperfection of the new version, among others.

Admin Admin reply on #14 from miguel Tue 25 Oct 2005 18:07

#19 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

miguel wrote:

> Another critique Nick: The table of pluses isn't so good as the
> actual. We have no space for apropriate evaluation of the
> photos. A Photo can be technically good but also can have a bad
> composition. So I think we canґt treat impact, technique and
> composition as if they were the same thing cause they are not
> and you don't provide any tool in the table of pluses. That's
> the most important imperfection of the new version, among
> others.

When I have studied a statistics I have read that the rule: event with probability less than 0.2% means impossible event.
See your stats: pluses: 3/0/14/111/16129
It means that vote another than +3 from you has a probability:
(1+14+111)/(3+14+111+16129) = 0.7%
This is very near "impossible event". If we would have at least 5% it would be possible, but now 3 criterions are profanation.

Admin Admin reply on #19 from Admin Tue 25 Oct 2005 18:10

#20 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Oops, I have mistaken, your pluses as critic are: 14/15/58/276/19117
It gives 1.8%, but it still very few.

reply on #1 from Admin Tue 25 Oct 2005 15:56

#15 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

I find the change to the filters very good. Being able to adjust all aspects of the filtering and sorting process in a single location makes scanning much easier and more pleasant.

mircea grumaz mircea grumaz reply on #1 from Admin Tue 25 Oct 2005 16:02

#16 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Old version is great version... it's a very good job and the people are happy with that... everything will be discutions or critics, but the old site it is very good... i like that one, coz the navigation it's simply - I appreciated your work and I appreciated as you change a rules sometime... this is a hardly work... for that, best regards... but i like so much Old Photforum!!!

Admin Admin reply on #16 from mircea grumaz Tue 25 Oct 2005 18:15

#21 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

mircea grumaz wrote:

> but i like so much Old
> Photforum!!!

No problem, $500 per month (now) enough for it work. I am not ready to pay it and not ready to maintain (and pay) for 2 sites.

Phil Sanders Phil Sanders reply on #1 from Admin Tue 25 Oct 2005 18:18

#22 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Nick

If I may make a very simple comment but one that I have found to be very useful in life .....

"If it ain't broke .... don't fix it" !!!

Existing version works extremely well and you will never get a rating system that everyone agrees with for it is, by its very nature, subjective.

Having said all of that I am always open to change.. so lets see what happens...

Kind regards

Phil

miguel miguel reply on #1 from Admin Tue 25 Oct 2005 18:36

#24 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Well if it is a question of surviving or a question of money then I have to admit that you are in charge here and that no one like you knows what to do to keep the site on. And I respect that!

miguel miguel reply on #1 from Admin Tue 25 Oct 2005 19:06

#25 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Oh... and of course the main question: when is going to start this new version? Thank you.

Roberto Roberto reply on #1 from Admin Tue 25 Oct 2005 19:18

#26 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Well,
From a personal standpoint, never like to change anything that is working well.
As to the current site, I am such a beginner in the world of computers that it took me 3 times to upload my first photo. If you change to the new version, I am sure I will be hopelessly lost.
I have visited other photo sites and this one appealed to me because it was easy to navigate (and also because there were many Portuguese photographers here).

As to the new pluses and ratings system, I read the first sentence, by the third sentence, my eyes were glazed over and I could no longer understand the words.
The current site is fantastic and you should deserve high praise for it.

Regina Lopes Regina Lopes reply on #1 from Admin Tue 25 Oct 2005 19:29

#27 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Hi Nick
I am in favor of changes, whenever they come to get better. The version 3 has a lot of points favorable, but also very negative. The ideal would be the version 2 with some details of the version 3.
- For me the primordial is that all of the countings start to be in force of the day of the change forward, therefore none of the countings and acquired prizes are lost. What was already acquired in the previous version should not be changed by the new version (+1, +7, +30).
- The voting could continue composition, impact and technique with the countings +3, +2, +1 and -1, because very composed and technically very bad pictures exist.
- In "My account" - my profile - Location, the space for the city should be possible to type the city, because in Brazil, it only consists Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, but in the reality we have thousands of different cities, I am of Santos.
- Excellent to change (by mistake in the orthography) or to turn off the comments.
- I already posted a picture for test, but any comment still, then I need more time to evaluate other problem and also benefits.
- It grants of the picture of the day needs of more time for evaluation because of the time zone, but talves will reduce the votings very discharges for the competitiveness and also the most popular will only receive the +1. I leave to emit the opinion next week.
- Our great barrier for acceptance is the language and the time that each one has to improve and to accustom to the version 3. Therefore you has patience and wait for suggestions, but it doesn't give up.

Admin Admin reply on #27 from Regina Lopes Tue 25 Oct 2005 20:42

#30 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Regina Lopes wrote:

> - For me the primordial is that all of the countings start to
> be in force of the day of the change forward, therefore none of
> the countings and acquired prizes are lost. What was already
> acquired in the previous version should not be changed by the
> new version (+1, +7, +30).

What means [+1] here? POTD. What does it brings? Money? Not. Medals? Not. Diplomas? Not. 3 yers ago I have removed awards for photographers, does anybody lost something? Not.

> - The voting could continue composition, impact and technique
> with the countings +3, +2, +1 and -1, because very composed and
> technically very bad pictures exist.

Yes, exists, but you (and 99.5%) ignoring it and rate only as +3+3+3. I guess better to write some comments about lacks of a photo.

> - In "My account" - my profile - Location, the space for the
> city should be possible to type the city, because in Brazil, it
> only consists Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, but in the
> reality we have thousands of different cities, I am of Santos.

Thi makes impossible real sort by cities, just e-mail me the main cities of Brazil.

> - Excellent to change (by mistake in the orthography) or to
> turn off the comments.

You may remove it and type again. Besides if you post comment and can see mistake you may repost it within some minutes and second rewrites previous.

> - It grants of the picture of the day needs of more time for
> evaluation because of the time zone, but talves will reduce the
> votings very discharges for the competitiveness and also the
> most popular will only receive the +1. I leave to emit the
> opinion next week.

You did not understand. POTD defines for the photo UPLOADED in that day, you have more than 1 day after uploading for voting, just sometimes all awards will be recalculated. If awarded photo has been removed the 2-nd photo will have the award.

Regina Lopes Regina Lopes reply on #30 from Admin Tue 25 Oct 2005 21:39

#33 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Nick Obukhov /Admin/ wrote:

>What means [+1] here? POTD. What does it brings? Money? Not. Medals? Not. Diplomas? Not. 3 yers ago I have removed awards for photographers, does anybody lost something? Not.

Really PODT doesn't give anything, it only satisfies the human's ego. Then turn off all of the prizes and we began everything leaving of the zero. I agree.

>Money?

No, on the contrary me still have expense with internet, but I learn a lot looking the mistakes and successes in the pictures of the other members.

>Yes, exists, but you (and 99.5%) ignoring it and rate only as +3+3+3. I guess better to write some comments about lacks of a photo.

When I don't like, I don't vote and I sometimes send e-mail to the author making suggestions and I don't receive nor a "thank you very much" and these still stop to comment and to vote in my pictures. What does to vote for -1 or -3 advance and nothing not to suggest? I prefer to omit my vote in this cases.

>Thi makes impossible real sort by cities, just e-mail me the main cities of Brazil.

Santos, Sгo Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Brasilia, Natal, Fortaleza, Curitiba, Porto alegre, Videira, Salvador, Vitoria (in these cities has members of Photoforum)

>You did not understand. POTD defines for the photo UPLOADED in that day, you have more than 1 day after uploading for voting, just sometimes all awards will be recalculated. If awarded photo has been removed the 2-nd photo will have the award.

I understood and I hope the others also understand. Success for you.
Greetings!

Vale de Sousa Vale de Sousa reply on #1 from Admin Tue 25 Oct 2005 20:09

#28 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

i would like to talk in english like you guys do....

se isto for para mudar como parece, a gente ve-se noutras paragens....

miguel miguel reply on #1 from Admin Tue 25 Oct 2005 20:13

#29 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

This is what Vale de Sousa wrotte (english translation) " if this is going to change we will meet each other again in some other places".

Admin Admin reply on #29 from miguel Tue 25 Oct 2005 20:49

#31 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

miguel wrote:

> This is what Vale de Sousa wrotte (english translation) " if
> this is going to change we will meet each other again in some
> other places".

I'am reading it already 3 years from Vale, he told the same about the version 2 (existing) during migration from ver.1 to ver.2.
We are all big guys and may choose this or another site and it is not necessary to ask me or anybody about it.

Vale de Sousa Vale de Sousa reply on #31 from Admin Thu 27 Oct 2005 15:20

#61 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Nick said:

"I'am reading it already 3 years from Vale, he told the same about the version 2 (existing) during migration from ver.1 to ver.2.
We are all big guys and may choose this or another site and it is not necessary to ask me or anybody about it."

And if you remember, from ver.1 to ver.2, i was one year without came here.

but you are right, we are all big guys. I don't need you or the site, but i really like the people here, that's why im still here. Not for you, for sure. You never were a friendly guy.

Maybe i'll do a big vacation, maybe i'll leave for good.
The site is yours do what you have to do.

In my last photo is was not being ironic, i really spent great times here and you make that possible.

be careful out there...

Bernd Ratfisch Bernd Ratfisch reply on #1 from Admin Tue 25 Oct 2005 21:04

#32 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Some new filters are really great.
I like the location place filter!
Regards!
Bernd

mircea grumaz mircea grumaz reply on #1 from Admin Tue 25 Oct 2005 21:43

#34 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

i login there gratuitous and i can leave gratuitousm but i don't want, coz i like ... i like the Forum (now) and there i have more friends. Course, i do not like to lose my friends... i agree what saying Phil Sanders, Sarah Lombard, Miguel, Vale de Sousa, Regina Lopes. I talk today with Silvia Marmori and she say same words... the rules are by Nick (thanks for all - you are great) and he decide... i don't know what i made in the future, but i will regret the actual version.... have a good day

miguel miguel reply on #1 from Admin Tue 25 Oct 2005 21:45

#35 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Nick wrotte:

"I'am reading it already 3 years from Vale, he told the same about the version 2 (existing) during migration from ver.1 to ver.2.
We are all big guys and may choose this or another site and it is not necessary to ask me or anybody about it."

I think this is not a fair comment nick. Cos if it was you shouldn't post the issue of the new version under discussion. If you put it under discussion everybody should feel free to make their own comments, no matter if they pleases us or not. Instead you may say to us something like this:" Fellows, from this day on we are going to have a new version of Photoforum, no discussion about it".
And if you had said so, rather than put this under discussion, no one would loose the time to argue about if it is good or not, useful or useless, thought.
BTW let me congratulate you for the time you've spend with the new feature. I don't like it but I must recognize it must have took much time from you. Warm regards.

Fernando Dinis Fernando Dinis reply on #1 from Admin Tue 25 Oct 2005 22:32

#36 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

I do not give opinion, therefore I do not obtain to sail in the new version I do not know reason sad smile
However the old version works very well for me....and I like very much the old version.

Best regards for all

Berenice Kauffmann Abud  - AFIAP Berenice Kauffmann Abud - AFIAP reply on #1 from Admin Tue 25 Oct 2005 23:53

#37 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Hi, Nick!
I like the old version of Photoforum a lot. I find easier to navigate. But I am also in favor of the new version. The new version also has many positive points.
My opinion is that you should put the new version in process and to go altering the negative points, in the case of them to come to exist.
As every change, we were half lost when navigating. But I am sure that soon we will adapt to her.
I agree with Regina Lopes on the free space for each one to put the name of your city. Several members, here of the Brazil, they live in different cities and in the new version it only consists Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte. Only this I am asking you to change, if possible, in the new version.
I like the new version. She is dynamic, beautiful and with excellent filters.
Thank you for losing your time, trying to improve Photoforum. I believe that this gives a great work.
Great *HUG*,
Berenice
Sorry for my English. I am using translator.

ricardo mejia rubio ricardo mejia rubio reply on #1 from Admin Wed 26 Oct 2005 02:19

#38 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

I DONT LIKE THE NU VERSION AND apreciat the work but like the old

Luis Oliveira Mendes Luis Oliveira Mendes reply on #1 from Admin Wed 26 Oct 2005 02:50

#39 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

I feel bad, by testing the new version : (((((
it is so bad!
i really dont like it!
why to change?? anyone can explain me that?
when everything is going well in my coutry, we let them stay like it is...
sorry...
thatґs just my opinion... and i donґt know if i am alone in this.

ricardo frantz ricardo frantz reply on #1 from Admin Wed 26 Oct 2005 08:34

#40 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

hi

i have tryed the new version. at first, the lettering - its size is impossible! unreadable at all! if you impose me such little letters i surely will leave the site.

you have a great and wonderful site, easy to use, light, funny, friendly, informative, clear to the eye, much free space, and extremely high quality of participants. there in the new version you have a puzzle of minute signs. i agree to buy glasses but the charge is on you!

in the orther hand, why don't you request a little amount from the user as subscription? i would agree in spending a little sum to participate in such delightful place to navigate and share images and thoughts, and even comradship. and for us, another possibiity in paying is that we could also be allowed to post more than 3 pics a week, for example. i surely would love to post a one pic a day, for example....

a have only seen "bad" or "ok with restriction" opinions. not a single full approval. think in it and in your users. at all, why do you keep such site???? and if your problem is money, why don't you tell us? i think most of us would be able so help in supporting it, for all we love this site. and ..... do you want to please or to displease the users? YOUR users? hehehehe.

yes, revolution!!!! heheheheh! hey guy: we like it as it is. why to change a winning team?

Admin Admin reply on #40 from ricardo frantz Wed 26 Oct 2005 09:18

#42 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

ricardo frantz wrote:

> hi
>
> i have tryed the new version. at first, the lettering - its
> size is impossible! unreadable at all! if you impose me such
> little letters i surely will leave the site.

At last I have a real info about real problem, I do not need messages "I do not like it", I need messages "I do not like it because ...."

> in the orther hand, why don't you request a little amount from
> the user as subscription? i would agree in spending a little
> sum to participate in such delightful place to navigate and
> share images and thoughts, and even comradship. and for us,
> another possibiity in paying is that we could also be allowed
> to post more than 3 pics a week, for example. i surely would
> love to post a one pic a day, for example....

You may pay, but I could not get your money because we have not a real payment system between countries. Paypal is closed for Russian.

> a have only seen "bad" or "ok with restriction" opinions.

I have not read a real messages with some problems, just "i do not like it". I can see real differences between versions, some small changes outside and big changes inside.

> not a
> single full approval. think in it and in your users. at all,
> why do you keep such site????

Because I am stupid, I should stop it 4 years ago.
I do not like the old version, it's boring for me, it is not interesting to use the old technologies, it has problems with capacity, it is hard for developing and maintaining.

> and if your problem is money, why
> don't you tell us? i think most of us would be able so help in
> supporting it, for all we love this site.

I do not like to to cry on shoulder "please, give me some money".
Anybody can help me, just click on ads and buy goods.
When I have found a system that gives me a real method to get money from other countries, I will set payment services. Wating for google.

> yes, revolution!!!! heheheheh! hey guy: we like it as it is.
> why to change a winning team?

I have tried to find a revolition and could not find it. The main things does not changed. Do you have a problems with font: it is not a problem: just inform me, I could not test it in all languages OSes and computers.

Arturo Mejia Dominguez Arturo Mejia Dominguez reply on #1 from Admin Wed 26 Oct 2005 09:07

#41 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Well...
First: I deeply thank to you for the support that you have given all this time to us.

I know the difficult thing that it can be to someones to adapt to a change, but..

The changes are necessary, it is truth that sometimes you become lost in the new surroundings, but that happened to all of us when we enter for the first time in photoforum, I'm a webmaster and i know the hard job that represents to change a site.

I test the site and the new featuretes, I really like it.

Thanks again and congrats...

reply on #1 from Admin Wed 26 Oct 2005 11:51

#43 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Hello Nick and all,
I am at a stage in my life where change can be difficult. A couple of weeks ago after many headaches and disappointment I finally found how to activate the 'album' feature.....this was after I had uploaded some 60 photos..... (half a lifetime). Just imagine how I will navigate this new version. Of course I now have many friends who will patiently hold my hand and help me but gee, I thought that I could walk now.

It is not your fault that I find change difficult, or that it increases my stress when I am indeed relaxing here, but when the relax gets too stressful it will fall by the wayside and I will feel devalued..... Not your problem.
Carole.

miguel miguel reply on #1 from Admin Wed 26 Oct 2005 13:41

#44 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Hello...Nick: would you mind to answer my simple question. When is the new version is going to start? Is it possible to know?

Admin Admin reply on #44 from miguel Wed 26 Oct 2005 19:24

#51 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

miguel wrote:

> Hello...Nick: would you mind to answer my simple question. When
> is the new version is going to start? Is it possible to know?

In several days (5-10), I need to fix some problems.

Berenice Kauffmann Abud  - AFIAP Berenice Kauffmann Abud - AFIAP reply on #1 from Admin Wed 26 Oct 2005 15:27

#45 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

My friend Ricardo, to increase the text is very easy. Go in "View" (menu above of the Explore) and, soon afterwards give a clik in "Text Size" and select, in the new window that opens, "Medium." Ready, the text inside of the new version it increases, similar of the old version.
Beijinhos,
Berк

Bernd Ratfisch Bernd Ratfisch reply on #45 from Berenice Kauffmann Abud - AFIAP Wed 26 Oct 2005 17:03

#46 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

@ miguel,

we will see... First, a programmer must finish his work.
Regards!
Bernd

reply on #45 from Berenice Kauffmann Abud - AFIAP Wed 26 Oct 2005 17:59

#48 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

I have navigated a little on the new version of the site and I like it very much. I think the new system of voting could be more interesting than the prevous one because people will be less incomfortable about giving their real opinion. It could take time to become familiar with the new version but I don not find it radically different, same principles, even with new features.
Nick, "reperes" is a french word for "ORIENTIR"
I say, go on with your new version, and continue with this discussion to find out if there are some bugs

Admin Admin reply on #45 from Berenice Kauffmann Abud - AFIAP Wed 26 Oct 2005 20:58

#53 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

I have changed font-size units the same as in the old version, but it is not right decision, absolute units (pt or px) does not changes in Explorer, but relative (I have used em) works well. But if somebody has a problems with fonts... I need to use wrong units.

Yiannis Papadimitriou Yiannis Papadimitriou reply on #53 from Admin Wed 26 Oct 2005 22:47

#54 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Hi Nick,
Please don't change this so easy site. But... why do you want to change it to new version? My opinion is that there is no reason for this?

Yours Sincerely
Yiannis Papadimitriou

Greece

Vitor Nunes Vitor Nunes reply on #1 from Admin Wed 26 Oct 2005 17:41

#47 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Hi Nick, I’m trying to test the new version but at that moment I can’t enter I get the message ”It’s not possible to present page XML” when I do login.
Same message was get yesterday night inside the version on a lot of functions I just could see my own page and first pages of new photos and photographers and nothing more.
About the version I understand you when you say it’s necessary to migrate to use new tools and to turn easy the maintenance of the site.
My disagreement is about mixed to different things technical problems and rules of participation.
My point is each thing in a single time you could change to new technology to support site working (this is the real problem I think) and maintain the same rules of old version.
Later when people are familiarized with new condition of navigability you could open a discussion about rules for uploading, pluses, comments and so on.
Mixing these two plans is confusion and people get lost as we can see from messages above. Sure the problem is up to you but it’s clear that technology problems don’t carry obligation to changes rules at same time.
I think your aim is to keep the site as good is it’s now at least so you should reflect about the better way to keep people happy and participative.
Best wishes.

Admin Admin reply on #47 from Vitor Nunes Wed 26 Oct 2005 20:36

#52 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Vitor Nunes wrote:

> Hi Nick, I’m trying to test the new version but at that moment
> I can’t enter I get the message ”It’s not possible to present
> page XML” when I do login.

Email me your browser info.

> My disagreement is about mixed to different things technical
> problems and rules of participation.

Participation does not changed mainly, some renames is not a real big changes.

> My point is each thing in a single time you could change to new
> technology to support site working (this is the real problem I
> think) and maintain the same rules of old version.

What can you find special in the old version what you can not find in new?

> Later when people are familiarized with new condition of
> navigability you could open a discussion about rules for
> uploading, pluses, comments and so on.

Do you not want to upload more photos? You may upload 16 photos per week instead of 4, is it very bad? Just you need to choose different sections.

Victor Victor reply on #1 from Admin Wed 26 Oct 2005 18:43

#49 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

I believe that the site is not actually a program. It is people that comprise the forum, create it's atmosphere etc. The general feeling on this site is very friendly, and that's why people like it. And that means that whatever Nick will do with the site, this most important thing will not change. So let him try new techniqes, we will easily adjust. At least one thing in a new version is much better for my eyes - a larger font!

Bernd Ratfisch Bernd Ratfisch reply on #49 from Victor Wed 26 Oct 2005 19:19

#50 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

@ Vitor Nunes
To login, you must allow cookies for photo-forum.ru
After I did this, I could work on the test version.
Regards!
Bernd

ricardo mejia rubio ricardo mejia rubio reply on #1 from Admin Wed 26 Oct 2005 23:05

#55 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

SIMPLY DONT LIKE

Admin Admin reply on #55 from ricardo mejia rubio Thu 27 Oct 2005 07:59

#60 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

ricardo mejia wrote:

> SIMPLY DONT LIKE

I do not need "like or not like", I need REAL advices: "what's wrong" and "I do not like this thing: ... etc.".

ricardo frantz ricardo frantz reply on #1 from Admin Wed 26 Oct 2005 23:21

#56 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

hi! me again

have tested again the new version and for me its ok. no problem at all. i have had a bad first impression with the little fonts but that was already resolved and its ok. as the remaining aspects i didn't find any problem, all seems very similar to the present version. the ratings and background colors changed but for me that is not essential and the new way would suffice, i think. all that i needed i was able to find out without trouble or delay. so, for me go ahead and best wishes!

fele fele reply on #1 from Admin Thu 27 Oct 2005 05:19

#57 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Hi all, hi Nick!
Just a little view to new version, and I like. It seems to me light and speed, and a little bit less chaotic.
I'm very sorry if the old members leave PF sad smile 'cause I've learned very much from they (my poor technique is increased in some months!).
And agree with Nick: technologies continues as the spirit of this great place.
Regards

Andrey Pereverzev Andrey Pereverzev reply on #1 from Admin Thu 27 Oct 2005 05:48

#58 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Hi, Nick! I think the new site is way better than the old one. Very simple to navigate and you have some features there that old one didn't have, for example the photo opens up with a proper background and when you are uploading the photo it's very easy to choose the equipment being used. The rating system is something to get used to but well...it's always takes some time to get used to something smile ))

The only thing I think I'll get used to down a road it is sort of commercial look of the website, the old one has very nice combination of colors and fonts which separates from the rest of the web. I hope you will never make it look like www.photosite.ru.

Good Work, Nick!

P.S. Can you add "Birds" into categories when you are uploading the photos? I think it would be good idea to separate them from the rest of the animals.

Best Regards,

Andrey

Andrey Pereverzev Andrey Pereverzev reply on #1 from Admin Thu 27 Oct 2005 06:17

#59 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Sorry, Nick!

I ment www.photosight.ru

Fernando Dinis Fernando Dinis reply on #1 from Admin Thu 27 Oct 2005 19:01

#62 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Hello Nick

I have the same problem exactly that the Vitor Nunes.

> Hi Nick, I’m trying to test the new version but at that moment
> I can’t enter I get the message ”It’s not possible to present
> page XML” when I do login.

When I sail for the site I catch this message many,many times !
Please it fixes this.

My browser is Iternet Explorer

Best regards

Admin Admin reply on #62 from Fernando Dinis Thu 27 Oct 2005 19:30

#65 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Yes, you should allow cookie for www.photo-forum.ru, right now I have blocked cookies form this domain and get the same message. So you should allow cookies for www.photo-forum.ru.

Fernando Dinis Fernando Dinis reply on #65 from Admin Thu 27 Oct 2005 23:12

#66 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Hello Nick

Yes I alow cookies for www.photo-forum.ru. but I am always to catch this, many many times!!

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

-----

A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource 'http://www.photo-forum.ru/photos.php?part=0&cat=0&...

} else if (is.opera5up && !is.opera8) {
-----^

Bernd Ratfisch Bernd Ratfisch reply on #1 from Admin Thu 27 Oct 2005 19:07

#63 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Fernando, to login, you must allow cookies for photo-forum.ru
Are you sure, cookies are OK for this domain? As you can see, the test version has a different domain name. So, if you allow cookies individual by domain name, this could be the problem...
Regards!
Bernd

Vale de Sousa Vale de Sousa reply on #1 from Admin Thu 27 Oct 2005 19:18

#64 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

there is a light that never goes out...

Roberto Roberto reply on #1 from Admin Fri 28 Oct 2005 03:00

#67 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Hello,
I have tested the new version and my fears have vanished.
I have one suggestion regarding the ratings (pluses) in the discussion section. I think a photo receives a more honest evaluation if the name of the photographer is not known previous to the grading as it is in the "ratings" section in version 2.
It appears to me that many people give pluses to photos if the name is one they recognize or comes from the area where they live or is a person who obviously speaks their own language.
Just a suggestion.

Admin Admin reply on #67 from Roberto Fri 28 Oct 2005 08:39

#68 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Roberto wrote:

> I have tested the new version and my fears have vanished.
> I have one suggestion regarding the ratings (pluses) in the
> discussion section. I think a photo receives a more honest
> evaluation if the name of the photographer is not known
> previous to the grading as it is in the "ratings" section in
> version 2.

Just you shoud choose photorating section.

> It appears to me that many people give pluses to photos if the
> name is one they recognize or comes from the area where they
> live or is a person who obviously speaks their own language.

Some people (many) do not like anonimity, why should I force them, if you like - choose the section for you, they choose the section for them.

Michael McCann Michael McCann reply on #1 from Admin Tue 1 Nov 2005 02:23

#69 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Navigation is somewhat convoluted and the rating systems seems unnecessarily
complicated. But this is your site Nick and I enjoy it very much.

reply on #1 from Admin Wed 2 Nov 2005 11:04

#70 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Dear Nick:

I'm convinced
you succeeded solving the Gordian knot
favoring majority,and at the same time
preserving quality that's needed above all

regards

miguel miguel reply on #1 from Admin Wed 2 Nov 2005 22:30

#71 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

I have been trying, for the past few days, navigate in the new site but it is impossible at all. I just can't "open" most of the photos, my internet is always "going down and down". I use Internet Explorer 6.0, I have never had problems with others site (including this version of photoforum of course). And as far as I can see there are many people here with the same problem. That's why I think the new version must have serious problem and conflict with internet browsers. My question is: what can be done to improve this. Any kind of solution?

Admin Admin reply on #71 from miguel Thu 3 Nov 2005 13:45

#72 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

miguel wrote:

> I have been trying, for the past few days, navigate in the new
> site but it is impossible at all. I just can't "open" most of
> the photos, my internet is always "going down and down". I use
> Internet Explorer 6.0, I have never had problems with others
> site (including this version of photoforum of course).

Why not inform me earlier via e-mail?

> And as
> far as I can see there are many people here with the same
> problem.

But they did not inform me, how can I know? I have contacted with Vitor Nunes only.

> That's why I think the new version must have serious
> problem and conflict with internet browsers.

Only with one browser: IE, because of Microsoft does not support standards and prefer to make their own standards.

> My question is:
> what can be done to improve this. Any kind of solution?

I have uploaded some changes right now, try it (probably you will need to refresh some pages). If you have (or not have) some problem - inform me via e-mail.

reply on #72 from Admin Thu 3 Nov 2005 21:15

#73 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

One of the pleasures of the site for me was the ability to go to my favourite photo file and without any hassle at all just spend a very pleasant hour or so re enjoying member's photos. I am so disappointed to not be able to do this with ease any more....it actually defeats the purpose of having a favourites list.....so sad.
Carole.

Admin Admin reply on #73 from Fri 4 Nov 2005 08:11

#74 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Carole Roach wrote:

> One of the pleasures of the site for me was the ability to go
> to my favourite photo file and without any hassle at all just
> spend a very pleasant hour or so re enjoying member's photos.
> I am so disappointed to not be able to do this with ease any
> more....it actually defeats the purpose of having a favourites
> list.....so sad.

Why not able?
go here:
http://www.photo-forum.ru/my/fav.php?obj=photos&lang=en
http://www.photo-forum.ru/my/fav.php?obj=users&lang=en

The place of the list does not changed: in "my account" section, "my control" block, I do not know why did you not find it.

reply on #74 from Admin Fri 4 Nov 2005 09:28

#75 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Hello Nick,

Thank you for locating this on the new version.....I had not looked for it there. I was on the old version where those favourite photos have been replaced by the name of the photo and the name of the photographer so in order to do my viewing there requires that I click on each name to have the photo come up now . Am I understanding that the "new" is now imminent?

Thank you for your help.
Carole.

Admin Admin reply on #75 from Fri 4 Nov 2005 16:27

#76 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Carole Roach wrote:

> Thank you for locating this on the new version.....

It is from the beginning.

> I had
> not looked for it there.

In the same place - I do not know why.

> I was on the old version where those
> favourite photos have been replaced by the name of the photo

Did not understand - you can find the link on the same place: in the block "statistics" under the photo.

> and the name of the photographer so in order to do my viewing
> there requires that I click on each name to have the photo come
> up now .

The list of favorite photos is the characteristic of the critic, so you can find it on the critics info (menu of the critic - http://photo-forum3/user/13777/index.en.html) for any user (you can find all info here or in your account section) or choose any critic's stats (comments of the critic, pluses of the critic, list of critics on the top menu) and you can see small [+] or [@] etc. near critic's thumbnail, click on it and choose favorite photos from menu.

> Am I understanding that the "new" is now imminent?

My English is poor, so as I understood you asked about the time to start the new version, I have planning to start it Nov, 6.

reply on #76 from Admin Fri 4 Nov 2005 23:02

#77 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Thank you for your help Nick.
Regards,
Carole.

Chig Chig reply on #1 from Admin Sat 5 Nov 2005 13:06

#78 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Well it is not as intuitive as the curent version. Is it possible to look up a phtotgrapher alphabetically in this new version?

reply on #78 from Chig mon 14 Nov 2005 19:49

#80 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

dear Nick

Today's refreshing
was absolutely successful,
so that the new version can offer now Photoforum back lustre
in a promising new design!
Even if I had some reservations,
I never doubted,you'll find the way out!
Thanks and Congratulations
Good Luck!
PETROS

ps
by the way
I can't still understand
how new pluses and rates work...
A week before I had 725 plusses
after collecting another 100
I still have less no the same
but even less...(724)
As about rates
I had 21600 from one photo
and now I still have same rates
with two completed entries
after obtaining another 16500...

Admin Admin reply on #80 from Tue 15 Nov 2005 07:18

#82 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Rating works the same as in the previous version: the formula is in the rules. Shortly, if you add photo in photorating and it has received rating less then average from all of your photorating photos - your photographer's rating decreased. If you remove low rated photos - your rating can increase.

The integral pluses works now the same for photographers. Total amount of pluses you can see in your account of here: http://www.photoforum.ru/user/6269/index.en.html:
pluses: 6/6/14/142/11059 - you got 6 minuses (-1), 6 zeroes, 14 pluses +1, 142 plises +2 and 11059 pluses +3.
Integral plus for photographer calculates as: average sum of pluses for every your photo * napierian logarithm from count of photos. So if you upload a new photo and it gets small sum of pluses - your integral plus is decreased, if you remove photos with low pluses - your integral pluses will increase. But you should know that stats for photographers recalculates every some hours.

Admin Admin reply on #78 from Chig Tue 15 Nov 2005 07:00

#81 Re: The new version is tested (attempt #2) closed

Try to use search http://www.photoforum.ru/search.php?lang=en

updated: 18:22