frequently asked questions
- Forgot my password, what can I do?
- Use the password reminder.
- I could not log in, what can I do?
- Check your login and password once again, you have received it via e-mail after a registration (remember, "login" - it is not the same as "name" or "nickname").
- Check the setting of the date in your computer.
- You must allow cookies in your browser. How to enable cookies.
- I logged in but in my account I got the form for password again and again, what should I do?
This means that:
If nothing helps try to clear cache and cookies.
- You are disable cookies in your browser, how to enable cookies.
- Your firewall or proxy disables cookies, change the settings or ask your system administartor, cookies does not spy for you, it just save your settings for your comfort
- The date/time is wrong in your computer, set the correct date/time
- What means "delay publication" during uploading photos?
The users has some limits for uploading photos (read the rules). But you may not wating for the time of the next uploading (if you are going to a vacation is is handly twice - your limits does not lost). You may just upload several photos in one time and they will be moved in the individual queue and wii be published according to the limits. In the list of your photos (in your account section) you can see the date of publishing of the photos. Besides you may set the delay time but not earlier than limits allowed.
- How to delete a photo?
Variant 1. Go to my account / my photos, near every photo you can see [delete], click on it and confirm the operation.
Variant 2. Go to my account / my photos, click on preview or title of the photo. Click on the link "delete the photo " and confirm the operation.
- How to remove my account?
You can remove all your photos and your personal information.
- I have received a low rating in photorating section, is it change the rating value?
For calculation of the rating value in photorating section we use a median instead of simple average. A median is not so sensible to the deviation of ratings. This an example. For simplicity we take ratings for one criterion only. For example, the photo has received the ratings: 5, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5, 3, 5, 4. Simple average value = (5+4+4+4+4+5+3+5+4)/9 = 4.22. A median is calculates in the following way: arrange the ratings by ascending from low to high and take the average element: 3, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5. The median value = 4. Lets the photo received the rating 2. Simple average value = (5+4+4+4+4+5+3+5+4+1)/10 = 3.9. But the median is: 2, 3, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 5, anyway it equals 4. If the photo got the rating 5, the median does not changed also. But if the photo received several high or low ratings, the median changed stepwise. Thus a median not sensitive to the extreme values of ratings (unlike simple average) and the rating value, computed on the basis of a median not sensitive from extreme values. Therefore you should not warry if you receive one or two extremely low ratings (or be glad from one or two extremely high ratings) - these ratings certainly does not influence on the rating value when other ratings are situated in different range.
- A voting for a photo in photorating has finished, and I have received the new ratings 3/3/3, why?
If the photo has received less than 10 ratings, the photo automatically receives deficient amount of ratings (ratings = 3/3/3 with weight = 2).
- What is RSS?
Read here about RSS.
- What means IMHO?
It means "In My Humble Opinion".
- Is it possible to move photos from the candidate section to the discussion section?
This does not gives any advantages. The photo will not showing in the new photos list, users who comment the photo already will not visit it again (mainly). The photo will not get many pluses. If you want to save the photo in the discussion section, delete it and upload again in some times (in 6-12 months). I think you have more than 3 photos, isn't it?